On September 21, 2013, the Solomon Levy Gallery will highlight both 2- and 3-dimensional work– your work! There’ll be live jazz featuring MAAG member artists playing jazz and even some klezmer. It’s going to be quite a night! It’s the MAAG 4th Annual Silent Auction – an evening that will shine with the diversity of MAAG member talent!
We need your help to make it a success and are asking you, MAAG member artists, for a special piece of your artwork. (MAAG art lovers read on.) We promise to promote you (and you know we’re really good at that), appreciate your work, and turn this into an opportunity. All member work will be juried. We also welcome a donation of your talent – services or classes you may offer.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- MAAG publicity. YOUR artwork may be used in both MAAG printed and digital media. So please send a jpeg of the work you are donating (1,000 pixels on the longest side).
- Display on our Web site. All Silent Auction artwork will be displayed on the MAAG web site (you must submit your jpeg) along with artist statements (please send no more than 250 words, feel free to add your contact information).
- Exhibit in our Gallery. Please send us a one page bio that we may share with our art lovers. In addition to the September 21 event, your work will be previewed in our Gallery during Mt. Airy USA’s Street Fare, which is expected to be attended by thousands people who come to “sip, savor and stroll” the Mt. Airy scene.
Artists, here’s what we need from you (no later than Sept. 7):
- One jpeg of your work sent to daisy.MAAG@gmail.com.
- No more than 250 words telling your story for our website to daisy.MAAG@gmail.com
- One page bio that we’ll share with the patron purchasing your work to daisy.MAAG@gmail.com
- Drop off your work Sat., Sept. 7 from noon till 6 pm or Sun., Sept 8, from noon till 5 pm at MAAG.
Supporters/Family Members/Art Lovers:
- WE NEED VOLUNTEERS right now and for the evening event! Please contact daisy.MAAG@gmail.com or 215-242-5074 to see how you can be a part of this stellar event.
- Help us to bring in donations. Ask the businesses you patronize to consider donating a gift certificate of their services.
All proceeds from this evening will go to supporting MAAG programs. 2013 has been a banner year for the Mt. Airy Art Garage, and 2014 boasts even more amazing things to come — a city-wide Quilt Show, a Film Series featuring local filmmakers, ongoing exhibitions, live music, community partnerships and much more. And it’s your support that makes MAAG a showcase for the arts in Northwest Philadelphia.
SO, pick something wonderful that you have created. It’s going to represent you to a whole lot of Philadelphia. Both 2 and 3D work, fine art and handcrafts are welcome. Please be aware most patrons spend no more than $300 for artwork at these events.
For more information on donating artwork, services or classes, contact Daisy.MAAG@gmail.com or 215-242-5074. DEADLINE is September 7.