Celebration Saturday, Sept. 20, 2014. Submissions due Sept. 6-7.
Call for Member Artists
Can you believe it? We’re approaching our Fifth Anniversary! We’re going to throw a celebration like no other coupled with a Silent Auction! And it’s your turn to shine. On Sat., September 20, 2014, the Solomon Levy Gallery will highlight both 2- and 3-dimensional work of all disciplines. There will, of course, be live music, dancing, food and beverage. But this year we are introducing something new—our Silent Auction will focus entirely on dining and the arts. That’s right—original fine art and handcraft, museum and arts organization memberships, tickets to the performing arts, fine arts classes, and more. The evening will shine with the diversity of talent at MAAG. All artists that donate to the continued success and growth of MAAG will receive one free ticket to the event.
We need your help to make it a success and are asking you for a special piece of your artwork (nothing over $500 in value). We promise to promote you (and you know we’re really good at doing that) and turn this into an opportunity. All member work will be juried by the MAAG Curating Committee.
Here’s what you’ll get:
- MAAG publicity. Your artwork will be listed on our website and virtual media.
- Exhibit in our Gallery. This show will be previewed from September 10 through the evening of September 20. PLUS, extra added bonus! Your work will be viewed at Mt Airy USA’s Sept. 18th Street Celebration where thousands of people are expected to attend to “sip, savor and stroll” the Mt. Airy scene.
- Display on our Web site. All Silent Auction artwork will be displayed on the MAAG web site along with artist bios and contact information, at no charge.
Artists, here’s what we need from you:
- One jpeg of your work, 300 dpi. Please send to email@example.com
- No more than 250 words telling your story for the website.
- One page bio that we will share with the patron purchasing your work.
- Delivery of work is Sat., Sept. 6 from noon – 6 pm and Sunday, Sept. 7 from noon – 5 pm.
For more information on donating artwork, services or classes, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 267.240.3302.
Painting above, top right, (c) Sara Steele.