Deadline for Submissions: September 4th
In the Gallery at 6622 Germantown Avenue
The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for artists to express their concerns on the current state of our nation. We encourage artists of all disciplines to submit a work to be on display and for sale in this upcoming show, “Divided Nation.” The exhibit will reflect on our current political and social climate: from voting rights, free press/freedom of speech, racial discrimination, immigration issues, equality, safety for women and all residents of the U.S.
Remember as a non-profit, MAAG cannot endorse or sponsor any political position or party.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com:
- MAAG’s Submission form (page 2)
- 1 JPG image (300 dpi) of the artwork you plan to submit for the MAAG wall.
- Entry Fee
- Artist Bio/Statement
NOTE: The above items may also be delivered by snail mail.
For all spoken word artists and performing artists, if you would like to be a part of this month’s events, please submit tapes of your work for consideration. MAAG would like to have weekly performances during this show.
- September 4: MAAG’s Submission form, JPG and Jury Fee are due.
- September 7: Submissions will be juried. We will notify you if your work has been accepted.
- September 14 & 15: is delivery of art work.
- September 22: Opening Party
- October 19 & 20: Pick up all unsold art work
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit.
MAAG is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date
MAAG Members – $15
$15.00 Add to cart
Non-MAAG Members – $20
$20.00 Add to cart
Photo courtesy of Ellie Seif