Deadline for Submissions: October 3rd
The Philadelphia Theatre Company, at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre, in partnership with the Mt. Airy Art Garage Gallery, is now accepting applications to exhibit your work.
The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for artists to submit for “America Undone;” two separate gallery opportunities happening this October at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre (480 S. Broad Street) and the MAAG Gallery (6622 Germantown Avenue). We encourage artists to submit up to two pieces of work to be on display and for sale in these upcoming shows.
America Undone will be the first of three exhibits MAAG will mount at The Philadelphia Theatre Company this year. America Undone will accompany the production of Sweat, which will run October 12 – November 4, 2018. Sweat tells the story of a group of friends who have spent their lives sharing drinks, secrets, and laughs while working together on a factory floor in Reading, PA. However, when layoffs and picket lines begin to chip away at their trust, the friends find themselves pitted against each other in a heart-wrenching fight to stay afloat. “One of the hardest jobs anyone can have is the job of being poor,” said Pulitzer prize-winning playwright Lynn Nottage. “To survive from day to day is an epic struggle to find a way to feed yourself, clothe yourself, put a roof over your head. It is the most Herculean path when you have nothing.”
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- MAAG’s Submission Form
- Up to 2 JPGs image (300 dpi) of the artwork you plan to submit for the MAAG wall
- Entry Fee
- Artist Bio/Statement
NOTE: The above items may also be delivered by snail mail.
- October 3: MAAG’s Submission form, JPGs and Jury Fee are due.
- October 5-6: Submissions will be juried.
- October 6: We will notify you if your work has been accepted
- October 8: Delivery of art work.
- October 17th: Opening at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre
- October 27th: Opening Party at MAAG Gallery
- November 10th: Pick up all unsold art work (PTC show)
- November 30th: Pick up unsold art work (MAAG Gallery show)
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date
MAAG Members – $15 PER PIECE
$15.00 Add to cart
Non-MAAG Members – $20 PER PIECE
$20.00 Add to cart
Photo courtesy of Ellie Seif