Deadline for Submissions: January 21st, 2019
The Philadelphia Theatre Company, at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre, in partnership with the Mt. Airy Art Garage Gallery, is now accepting applications to exhibit your work.
The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for photographers to submit images for “The Road Not Taken;” a gallery opportunity happening this coming February at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre (480 S. Broad Street). We encourage photographers to submit up to two pieces of work to be on display and for sale in this upcoming exhibit. Some of the themes we are looking for are bridges, landscape, exciting images of the art of photography, loving, longing, loneliness and the barrenness of landscapes. Search through your work for unique images that mean The Road Not Taken to you. Have fun exploring these ideas.
The Road Not Taken is the second of three exhibits MAAG will mount at The Philadelphia Theatre Company. The Road Not Taken will accompany the production of The Bridges of Madison County, which will run from February 8 – March 3, 2019. In this soaring romance, Francesca Johnson, a beautiful Italian woman who married an American soldier to flee war-ravaged Italy, looks forward to a rare four days alone on her Iowa farm in 1965. However, her quiet escape is upended when ruggedly handsome National Geographic photographer Robert Kincaid pulls into her driveway seeking directions. What happens next in those four days may very well alter the course of Francesca’s life.
To apply, send the following to email@example.com:
- MAAG’s Submission Form
- Up to 2 JPGs image (300 dpi) of the artwork you plan to submit for the MAAG wall
- Jurying Fee ($20/members, $25/non-members per image)
- Artist Bio/Statement
NOTE: The above items may also be delivered by snail mail.
- January 21st: Submission Deadline
- January 24th: Submissions will be juried and you will be notified if your work has been accepted
- January 25th-26th: Delivery of all accepted photographs
- February 8th: Artists’ Pre-view Night at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre
- February 13th: Opening performance
- March 6th-8th: Pick up of all unsold work at The MAAG Gallery
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date
MAAG Members – $20 PER PIECE
$20.00 Add to cart
Non-MAAG Members – $25 PER PIECE
$25.00 Add to cart
Photo by Kevin Bennett