Deadline for Submissions: March 8th, 2019
The Philadelphia Theatre Company, at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre, in partnership with the Mt. Airy Art Garage Gallery, is now accepting applications to exhibit your work.
The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for artists to submit images for “Makers and Lovers;” a gallery opportunity happening this coming March at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre (480 S. Broad Street). We encourage artists to submit up to two pieces of work to be on display and for sale in this upcoming exhibit. In honor of Women’s History Month, some of the themes we are looking for are race, feminism, diversity, sexuality, and a look at being black and queer and female in America.
Makers and Lovers is the final of three exhibits MAAG will mount at The Philadelphia Theatre Company. The conclusion of the season will feature the world premiere of How to Catch Creation, an inspirational story running March 22 – April 14, 2019. In the mid-1960s, a black, queer, feminist writer’s life is changed when her girlfriend tells her some unexpected news. Fifty years later, the reverberations of that moment still echo in the lives of four individuals in the rapidly changing city of San Francisco. Christina Anderson’s stunning and complex examination of the universal act of creation—creation of life, of family, of art—spans space and time to inspire a new generation of makers and lovers. So it only makes sense that our final MAAG exhibition for the season is Makers and Lovers.
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- MAAG’s Submission Form
- Up to 2 JPGs image (300 dpi) of the artwork you plan to submit for the MAAG wall
- Jurying Fee ($20/members, $25/non-members per image)
- Artist Bio/Statement
NOTE: The above items may also be delivered by snail mail.
- February 18th: Accepting Submissions
- March 11th: Submission Deadline
- March 12th: Submissions will be juried and artists will be notified if work has been accepted.
- March 13-16th: Delivery of all accepted artwork.
- March 22nd: Artists’ Preview Night at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre
- March 27th: Opening performance
- April 17th-19th: Pick up of all unsold work at The MAAG Gallery
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date
MAAG Members – $20 PER PIECE
$20.00 Add to cart
Non-MAAG Members – $25 PER PIECE
$25.00 Add to cart
Illustration by Arleen Olshan