The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for women members to submit for our event celebrating “International Women’s Day,” happening March 8th at our new space, 7054 Germantown Ave. Philadelphia, PA.
International Women’s Day …
The theme for this exhibit is Art + Politics. Submitting artists should address: being a woman artist today, what does inclusion look like to you?, human rights, how politics affects art. This is not a juried show, all pieces will be displayed.
The Mt. Airy Art Garage invites submissions for a member exhibit to celebrate International Women’s Day (IWD). IWD holds space to welcome the voices of those who have been marginalized and oppressed by the gender binary’s rigidly defined category of “woman”. We see this category as more fluid and open than in the past. We invite submissions of artwork that explores the artist’s personal experience of identifying with the many aspects of femaleness or femininity in their lives.
To apply, send email@example.com the following (All items can be sent via snail mail as well):
- MAAG’s Submission Form
- 1 JPG image (300 dpi) of your work. Be advised that submitted images may be used by MAAG for advertising and marketing if the work is accepted
- Entry Fee ($20/members), which can be sent via PayPal
- Artist Bio/Statement describing the work submitted and a paragraph about the artist
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, February 25, 11:59 PM
- Delivery Dates: March 3 – March 4 at Mt. Airy Art Garage , 7054 Germantown Avenue
- Artist Pick-Up: March 14 – 15 at Mt. Airy Art Garage, 6622 Germantown Avenue
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date.