Mt. Airy Art Garage, in partnership with The Philadelphia Theatre Company at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre, is having an Open Call for Artists
October 18 – November 10, 2019
The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for artists to submit for “A Sense of Burning”, happening from October 18 – November 10, 2019 at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre at 480 S. Broad St, Philadelphia, PA, 19146.
A Sense of Burning will be the first of three exhibits MAAG will mount at The Philadelphia Theatre Company this year, in conjunction with their production of A Small Fire. We encourage all artists to ask themselves: What burns in you or haunts you? Is it passion, pain, anger, joy, determination, loss? Is it a tingle or a searing, undeniable quest to continue to live fully while overcoming limitations? Our senses rule much of our lives and drive us to make decisions. How we respond to our senses guides our reactions. How we express our longings and our need to be understood in the world. We encourage artists to submit up to two (2) pieces of work to be on display and for sale in this upcoming exhibit.
Adam Bock’s meticulously crafted A Small Fire follows Emily Bridges, a woman used to running all the things – from her construction business to her family – until she suddenly and mysteriously starts losing her physical senses. As her world changes, her relationships shift in poignant and revelatory ways.
To apply, send firstname.lastname@example.org the following (All items can be sent via snail mail as well):
- MAAG’s Submission Form
- Up to 2 JPG images (300 dpi) of your work. Be advised that submitted images may be used by MAAG for advertising and marketing if the work is accepte
- Entry Fee ($20/members, $25/non-members per image), which can be sent via PayPal
- Artist Bio/Statement describing the work submitted and a paragraph about the artist
- Application Deadline: Sunday, September 15, 11:59 PM (Notification of Acceptance: Monday, September 23)
- Delivery Dates: October 8 – 11 at Mt. Airy Art Garage
- Artist Pick-Up: November 13 – 15 at Mt. Airy Art Garage
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date.