https://secureservercdn.net/188.8.131.52/ch5.b7c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/IWD-banner_v3.jpg?time=1603166465 0 0 Larry West https://secureservercdn.net/184.108.40.206/ch5.b7c.myftpupload.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/maag-in-action_main-1024x274.png Larry West2020-02-25 22:23:392020-03-06 17:01:53International Women’s Day 2020
International Women’s Day! Celebrate 100 years of Women’s Right to Vote with Mt. Airy Art Garage.
We’re excited to welcome you to our new gallery space to celebrate International Women’s Day. The event goes all day, with featured speakers, music and poetry readings. Speakers include: Susan Cahan, Dean of Art + Architecture at Temple and Christina Finello, congressional candidate and MAAG’s executive director, Arleen Olshan. We’ll be kicking off the day with music by local children’s musician, Music with Gina We hope parents take advantage of our children’s space so they can stay and participate in the entire day. There will be food from local restaurants and information from several women’s groups available. It promises to be a fun and interesting event for the the entire community!
A full day of celebration including:
- An exhibit of women artists
- Music by local artists, such as: Music With Gina! Melanie and the Lost Vaqueros! Anna Crussis Choir! Jan Jeffries!
- Poetry readings from Leslie Hamilton and more!
- Thought-provoking round-table discussion with local artists and politicians
We’ll have food, friends and childcare!
Mt. Airy Art Garage, 7054 Germantown Avenue
Sunday, March 8th, 11am to 5pm
Free and open to the public, $10 suggested donation, plus a 50/50raffle!
Exhibit by artists:
- Francesca Cantarini
- Sarah Claxton
- Jaymes Fedor
- Rachel Sitkin Marks
- Arleen Olshan
- Kathy Robinson
- Gloria Rohfls
- Ellie Seif
- Pat Smith
- Susan Smith
Musicians + Poets:
- Marlena Santoya (11am)
- Music With Gina! (11:15am)
- Melanie and the Lost Vaqueros (12:15pm)
- Leslie Hamilton, poet, with Karen Smith on drums (2pm)
- Anna Crusis Choir (2:30pm)
- Mary Ann Domanska, Poet (3:15pm)
- Music Over Matter, Jan Jeffries + Karen Ryan (3:30pm)
- Sha-ifa Ma, closing ceremony (4:30pm)
1-2:00pm – Roundtable discussion, Art + Politics With:
- Barbara Attie, filmmaker + producer
- Cindy Bass, City Council Representative, District 8
- Kendra Brooks, Council Member At-Large
- Susan Cahan, Dean of Art + Architecture, Temple University
- Sherrie Cohen, Lesbian Social Justice Activist
- Christina Finello, running for PA Congressional seat, 1st district
- Yvonne Haskins, Attorney + Criminal Justice Activist
- Arleen Olshan, Exec. Director MAAG
- Darisha Parker, running for State Representative, 198th district
Playspace with toys courtesy of Rutabaga Toy Library.
Special thanks to our partner, Philadelphia Cultural Fund