The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for artists to submit for “Our Battles,” happening from April 10 – May 3, 2020 at the Suzanne Roberts Theatre at 480 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, PA., 19146.
Our Battles is the final of three exhibits MAAG will mount at The Philadelphia Theatre Company this season in conjunction with their production of The Wolves. What does it mean to be a teenager? For this exhibit, we’re encouraging our artists to describe and show one of the most transformational periods of their lives. What were the internal or external battles you waged? We encourage artists to submit up to two (2) pieces of work to be on display and for sale in this upcoming exhibit.
The Wolves by Sarah DeLappe is the story of nine young women from a competitive high school soccer team as they push and train for games while also navigating the trials and tribulations of their fast-changing lives. From Harry Potter to the Khmer Rouge, from ambition to abortion, The Wolves is about life, love, and loss on and off the Astroturf.
To apply, send email@example.com the following (All items can be sent via snail mail as well):
- MAAG’s Submission Form
- Up to 2 JPG images (300 dpi) of your work. Be advised that submitted images may be used by MAAG for advertising and marketing if the work is accepted
- Entry Fee ($20/members, $25/non-members per image), which can be sent via PayPal
- Artist Bio/Statement describing the work submitted and a paragraph about the artist
- Application Deadline: Sunday, March 22, 11:59 PM (Notification of Acceptance: Monday, March 23)
- Delivery Dates: April 1 – 4 at Mt. Airy Art Garage, 6622 Germantown Avenue
- Artist Pick-Up: May 13 – 16 at Mt. Airy Art Garage, 6622 Germantown Avenue
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date.