2023 Photography Show
October 28 – November 24, 2023
The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) is holding an open call for photographers to submit work for our Annual Photography Show, which is held in partnership with MAAG’s Photo Club. This is a juried exhibition that runs October 28 to November 24, 2023, in the Gallery at 7054 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19119. Artists may submit up to two (2) pieces of artwork to be on display and for sale. All work must be framed with wire hangers.
Everything is a possible work of art in the eyes of photographers. Utilizing composition, light, color, shape and texture, they creatively capture moments of everyday life. MAAG invites photographers to share what has inspired them during the past year. This exhibition will present a range of creative expressions from portraits, objects, street scenes, to abstracts. Some may soothe the soul, while others rile the emotions.
MAAG’s Photo Club meets on the third Saturday of each month from 12:15 – 2:15 PM. To learn more about the club, click here.
MAAG members: $20/image
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 28, 11:59 PM
MAAG welcomes all artists, from emerging to professional. We also strive for excellence and professionalism in presenting artwork; therefore, all work must be professionally presented and properly finished.
- All works of art must reflect the theme of the show and be the work that was submitted to the jury.
- All works of art must be original, done by the artist, and ready to properly present — framed with wire hangers.
- Each artist can submit up to 2 photographs, not to exceed 4 ft. x 4 ft.
- It is recommended that the artist be present at art receptions.
- All work must be for sale. The commission on work sold during the event is 35%.
- MAAG does have insurance on exhibited works, which covers the costs of the materials only. All work is insured only for the duration of the show. Any pieces not picked up after the due dates are not insured.
To submit, fill out the form to the left
OR send the following to [email protected] (all items can also be sent via snail mail or hand-delivered):
- MAAG’s Submission Form (download here)
- Up to 2 JPG images (300 dpi) of your work. Be advised that submitted images may be used by MAAG for advertising and marketing if the work is accepted.
- Entry Fee per piece submitted: $20/MAAG members, $25/non-members, which can be sent via PayPal, snail mail or hand delivered.
- Artist Statement/Bio describing the work submitted and a paragraph about the artist.
- Application Deadline: Thursday, September 28, 11:59 PM
- Notice of Acceptance sent on or near Friday, October 6
- Artwork Delivery Dates: October 20-22 (Fri-Sat: noon-6 PM, Sun: noon-5 PM)
- Opening Reception: Friday, November 3, 5-7 PM
- Artist Pick-Up: November 25-26, 29-30 (Sat: noon-6 PM, Sun: noon-5 PM)
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date.
Mt. Airy Art Garage is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.