Mt. Airy Art Garage is having a Call for Artists
October 15 – November 14, 2021
Application Deadline: Friday, September 17, 11:59 PM
The Mt. Airy Art Garage (MAAG) invites all artists to submit their art for “Horror Business”, happening from October 15 – November 14, 2021, at the MAAG Gallery located at 7054 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19119.
Horror Business is an art show relishing macabre and horror-themed artwork. We’re looking for artists to submit artwork that displays their viewpoints of some of the darker sides of life. From a Lovecraftian horror lurking deep in the depths of the ocean or the mind, a Memento-Mori of the passing of life, demons and monsters brought to life, to a light-hearted take on Frankenstein and Dracula, we want to see your creations.
We encourage artists to submit up to two (2) pieces of work to be on display and for sale in this upcoming exhibit. All mediums are welcome for consideration.
To apply, send firstname.lastname@example.org the following (All items can be sent via snail mail as well):
- MAAG’s Submission Form
- Up to 2 JPG images (300 dpi) of your work. Be advised that submitted images may be used by MAAG for advertising and marketing if the work is accepted
- $20 Fee per entry, $25 for Non-MAAG Members, which can be sent via PayPal.
- Artist Bio/Statement describing the work submitted and a paragraph about the artist
- Application Deadline: Friday, September 17, 11:59 PM
- Notification of Acceptance: Wednesday, September 22
- Delivery Dates: October 8 – 10 at Mt. Airy Art Garage, 7054 Germantown Ave.
- Artist Pick-Up: November 17 – 18 at Mt. Airy Art Garage, 7054 Germantown Ave.
MAAG assumes no liability for any damage that may occur during the exhibit and is not responsible for any artwork left past the pickup date.